The only Bible Jesus had was what we call the Old Testament, and he said that it was about him. So how can we proclaim Christ faithfully from the Old Testament? In a recent article for Midwestern Magazine I outline five different ways:
- Proclaim Christ through the Old Testament’s direct messianic predictions.
- Proclaim Christ through the Old Testament’s salvation-historical story and trajectories.
- Proclaim Christ by highlighting how the old and new ages, creations, and covenants are similar yet distinct.
- Proclaim Christ by noting how Old Testament, characters, events, and institutions clarify and anticipate his person and work.
- Proclaim Christ when you revel in Yahweh’s identity and activity.