Here are the seven tips you will hear unpacked in the podcast:
- Approach the Old Testament as Christian Scripture written for our instruction.
- Interpret the Old Testament with the same care you would the new.
- Treat properly the testamental nature of the Old Testament.
- Remember that the Old Testament is old.
- Read the Old Testament through the light and lens of Christ.
- Consider how to faithfully see and celebrate Christ in the Old Testament.
- Bonus: When preaching from the New Testament, take the time to consider how the authors are using their Bibles.